Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Listen, Do, Eat

Yeah. So the last couple of weeks have been bittersweet. Bffl comes to visit, bffl moves to Montreal. Last minute trips planned. Last minute trips cancelled. Trial prepped for. Trial cancelled. Food poisoning. Sangria induced self-haircut. Blah blah blah. Champagne problems.
Cutting off your own braid? Bad idea?

I have to say despite the last few rocky days, life is pretty stable. With the chill in the air, I'm feeling more domestic and introspective right now. The Ted Hughes poetry, the Feist on repeat and lavender hot chocolate are probably helping.

Listen:

Gwen Stefani's heartbreaking new song, "Used to Love You", about her ex-husband. It's enough to just refrain from relationships altogether.

The National and Laura Mayberry (Chvrches) did "I Need My Girl" together at Treasure Island this weekend. Then I cried. And played it again.

Sort of obsessed with Post-Malone's White Iverson right now and everything Fetty Wap. (Don't judge).

Do:

One Down Dog, Silverlake - Yoga Flow. So sweaty, so good. Really intense vinyasa that leaves me "glowing" (read: dead tired, sweaty AF, and read to conquer the world/anger prevention).
Post-yoga basic-ness







Pilates Plus, Silverlake - SPX Extreme with Angie: I fainted the first time I did her class. It still makes me want to vomit, but in the best way possible. Also her playlists are 90s hiphop amazingness - Dre, Destiny's Child, JLo, Ja Rule and everything in between. We also talk about poutine in the middle of doing planks, so Angie is basically my soulmate.
Taco Zone lines

Brew your own beer: I just ordered stuff online from Urban Brewery. This could be an epic failure, or I could end up opening my own brewing company a la the Three Weavers. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Eat:

Mulitas ("Little Mule") de Sauderos from Taco Zone: OMG - an oasis in the Vons parking lot off of Montana and Alvarado. Jaimie and Jeff had to wrangle Cassi and I over there Saturday night. But OMG. Two fried corn tortillas smothered in delicious jack(?) cheese, brisket and salsas made from god himself. My appetite has been non existent for the last few days, but this $2 piece of heaven makes me want to sell my soul.
Sunday at home

L and E Oyster Bar - The Daily Dozen ($30) - Basically the best deal in town. They offer an affordable Sancerre (my only white wine) and delicious, well prepared oysters. It's a great date night/girls night/taking my dog on the town place.

My mom's house: We had Lauren over for a farewell brunch. Though she is coming back at Christmas, I love excuses to make my mom day drink. We had sangria and Ceasars (tequila, clamato juice, worchester, jalapeƱos, and other delicious things) plus a salad nicoise and tiramisu. Then I decided to cut my braid off - just braided it, grabbed some child safe scissors and lopped it off. Only about 8 inches. It was a little cray. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...