Monday, October 6, 2014

Weekend in Mammoth

Evan, Casey, Ladi, Sophie and I hightailed it to Mammoth for the weekend. Our Friday night was a long drive up, including too long of a respite at Little Ceasars in Lancaster. Saturday, we did a hike around the Rock Creek area after drooling over the pie selection at Pie in the Sky. We forgot that they always run out early, and unfortunately, 1:30pm was a little too late to get a taste. After a couple of hours of hiking (aka selfies), we went to the new location of Mammoth Brewing and tried out their AMAZING seasonal collection. My favorite was the Owens Valley Black IPA, although the Kung Fu apple was a close second. The hike wore us out, so we headed home quite early for wine and the hot tub, plus catching up on How to Get Away with Murder and Grey's Anatomy. (I totally have to start watching GA again!). Yesterday, Casey left us a bit early, but Evan, Ladi, Sophs and I took a leisurely drive home, stopping for roast beef sandwiches and cookies at Schats and eating it among the Aspens at the Bristlebrush campground.

It was the shortest amount of time I've spent in Mammoth and I wish we could have stayed a bit longer. However, with the changing seasons and the crisp air, I am grateful to get my dose of fall in. The last week was a lot of ups and downs and some time away from Los Angeles with my cheery friends was exactly the medicine I needed. I kept saying I needed a break from my family, but Mammoth reminded me that I love my loud, abrasive, overly intellectual foodie family. I have a ton of work to (start and) finish this week, but I feel a new spark for it. Also looking forward to American Horror Story starting this week, Soulcycle and sushi with Christina on Thursday, and a pumpkin beer tasting.

xx




















No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...