Sunday, September 14, 2014

Heat Wave Recap

My weekend isn't over yet, between work stuff, kicking it with Grant and dinner with Lauren tonight, but it's too hot to move from my couch right now, so  I'll record the goings-on now.

Friday:
I finalllly got to catch up with Shaleen at Hopskotch in the heat of the day. It was amazing to see her, especially catching up on life post-bar and discussing where our wandering career paths are leading us. I miss our days at Hadsell, partly because I no longer remember the hard work, just the trips for iced coffees and the occasional happy hour. We ordered the herb fries and had an IPA each and discussed our escape plans.


Then I drove up to LA for Seda's birthday. Aline, Evan and I walked Soph about, had a quick nibble at Home and then hit up Perch to see the girls. I hadn't been to Perch before and despite the interesting crowd, I loved it. Beautiful view, great company, amazing weather. Love love love.


Saturday:
Evan and I ventured to Westwood so I could books at my favorite library, the Young Research Library at UCLA (nerd alert). It was closed despite their posted schedule, so it was an utter fail. Until we went to Profeta and I got my favorite latte in the State of California. I used to study at Profeta for all my exams, taking advantage of free wifi, the beautiful patio and gawking at the cute baristas.

After Evan and I met up with Christina to talk wedding plans, travel, future plans and general aging. I haven't seen her in ages and I am so excited for her to move back to California permanently so we can resume our shenanigans.





Following a brief respite at home at my mom's a/c, I battled the heat to see Michael and Freddy for a beer and nachos, which was really fun, as usual. We were chillin outside for most of it, enjoying the temperate evening. I've definitely missed that teddy bear, even though the little bugger took a millisecond to remember me.

And I finished up the evening in the best way - seeing Aimee at her show in Long Beach... which happened to be a punk show... which I was not dressed appropriately for at all. I actually thought I was at the wrong place, because Aimee's band is a soul one, not punk. When I pulled up and heard punk, I was slightly confused. I finally found her and met her bandmates, caught up with Moreah (not for long enough) and of course, we hit the photo booth. I love her and I feel so grateful to have seen Aimee, dare I say, regularly, in the last few months.

Excuse me while I refill my coffee.

xx







No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...