Monday, June 2, 2014

Horse Thief at Grand Central Market

I had a meeting in DTLA the other day and met up with Anthony and Alene for lunch. I hadn't been to the Grand Central Market in agesssss - probably since wrapping up my clerkship with the LA City Attorney's Office. It's certainly more polished and more modern, with pockets of the original authenticity that I remember.

We decided on Horse Thief, the BBQ with a patio and a bar(!) on the side that faces Hill and Angel's Flight (which is indefinitely closed - sad face).

I had the beef brisket sandwich with the bacon bleu cheese potato salad and mac and cheese. I wasn't really aiming for healthy clearly.

A few pros:
- OMG THE POTATO SALAD. It was amazing, flavorful and satisfying.
- The beef brisket - proper BBQ with a spicy sauce.
- The patio and the beer in line. The way every LA line/venue/restaurant should be constructed.

Cons:
- The line was brutally long - like over 30 mins to order.
- The burger bread was like eh. A little lackluster.
- The Mac and Cheese was just okay, but I really wanted it to be more cheesy.

Overall opinion: If I were in the area, I would definitely go back with a few minor changes - not during lunch rush, no Mac and Cheese (I'll try the slaw), and I'll just get the meat, minus the bun.





No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...