Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Le Cachat - Copy Cat Number 2

One of my favorite things IN THE WORLD is the lavender honey goat cheese at Church and State. The rest of the food there is pretty phenom too, but that starter combines my favorite things in one dish. Clearly, I can't just go to Church and State for a paltry app, so I decided to replicate it at home for far less than the $8 at C&S. So simple and gorgeous for a quick summer app with a glass of wine.

Herbed Goat Cheese with Lavender Honey:
- herbed goat cheese from TJs
- Clover honey
- Dried organic lavender (I stole it from a neighbor's bush and dried it)

This is all by taste. I had about 5-6 sprigs of dried lavender and crumbled them into the room temperature goat cheese. I then added about a tablespoon or so of honey and whipped that sh*t up. Spread over a quality baguette and inhale. Total cost? About $3.

And you get a photo of Sophie and her new boyfriend, Jasper, the Great Dane, at the Silverlake Dog Park.




No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...