Sunday, April 27, 2014

Spring Supper: Brown Butter, Caramelized Shallots and Goat Cheese Pasta; Grilled Artichokes; Kale Salad and Lavender-Lemon Souffle

My weekend deserves a fuller update than the brief/non existent one I am about to do, but I've been procrastinating studying for Trusts and Wills by rearranging my room, watching SVU, and doing laundry. 

I have been a bit daring though, mostly in the cooking and driving with my gas light on for longer than 10 seconds. But I also wore a crop top on Friday, like omg what? And been trying out more difficult recipes.



Last week, I made dinner for Casey, Anthony and Evan. I tried out an amazing pasta recipe, which initially I thought would be rather standard. UM NO. So delicious, I want to make it again and again. (Maybe tonight :) ). The kale salad was grapefruit, apple, avocado with a balsamic dressing. 

The grilled artichoke was a hit. 
The how-to:
- get fresh small artichoke
-cut in half lengthwise
-keep in lemon water to keep from browning until ready cook
- par boil for 5-7 mins until tender
-drain
-then lather with garlic olive oil and grill on high heat until sear marks appear
-serve with lemon-garlic aioli (homemade of course)

The PASTA (recipe adapted from here):
- cook a pound of fusilli or penne
-slice three shallots and sauté in olive oil for 5 mins until tender
-add a tablespoon of brown sugar and allow to cook for ten mins until caramelized (keep stirring)
-once that is browned, throw in 12 oz of baby spinach and wilt in the pan
-in another saucepan, melt two to three table spoons of butter and simmer until butter is browned
-once butter is browned, throw in a teaspoon of minced garlic; allow garlic to cook in brown butter, but off the heat. 
-throw mixtures into pasta and add as much crumbled goat cheese as your heart desires
-I also threw in a few roasted cherry tomatoes

Lavender-Lemon Soufflé: I stole this recipe and will most definitely be using it again.

I am looking forward to more recipes but also revamping my blog posting a bit. I need some more structure and a stronger voice. 

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...