Thursday, February 6, 2014

Life Lately

I meant to update my blog over the weekend and then I got food poisoning from chile relleno from Don Antonios in Santa Monica. Literally died.

But Veronica brought over my red gatorade and my favorite sour candy and after about 30 hours, I was back to normal. The weekend was amazing though.

Alene and I checked out Allumette for Dine LA on Thursday. I have to write a full review. It was really amazing. The dishes I was a bit wary of ended up being my favorite, i.e. fish over tapioca pudding. Then I met my old roomies and Evan at the Hermosillo for a catch up session and chocolate mousse.

Friday, Christable and I hit up Gillian's birthday at King Eddy's in DTLA - great hipster (cheap) bar and great to see G :) Then we went to the Satellite to see Vim Dicta and Hindu Pirates and meet up with Ellie and Travis. We played pool and drank tequila and ended up gorging on bourbon pecan pie at Brite Spot at 3am. And then as Christable described, Evan landed like an eagle and picked us up.


On Saturday morning, I made banana pancakes for a mimosa brunch for Cassi, Evan, Matt, Patrick, Ivana and Brooke. Lots of mimosas. Then Don Antonios happened (I'm still queasy thinking about it.) I still thought I could get it together, so Cassi, Christable and I checked out Hotel Cafe for Okapi Sun's set and then hit up Bootie LA. Bad idea. Hot sweaty bodies writhing around you and the smell of cheap alcohol will really catalyze your projectile vomiting due to food poisoning. 

I spent the entirety of Sunday in bed watching Netflix until Veronica saved me with my favorite sick food. Since then, I've been taking it easy and catching up on work, namely that UN petition, a motion, an opposition, proposition research, a scholarship app, law review stuff, etc.

And of course, I also did a girls date dinner with V at our fave place, Edendale. - oxtail au jus. I can't even. So good.

I picked up some stuff at the Americana last night and checked out Din Tai Fung with Aline  - phenomenal. Review coming later.

Add in a few hikes, including the two hour one with Tawsh and Matt this morning, ginger shots, and catching up on Oscar movies, I'm feeling pretty good about this week.


AND MANDZ IS COMING TO TOWN THIS WEEKEND. Plus dinner with my mom and some gardening, I am a happy camper.

The only thing I need now is some yoga to stretch out those post-sickness muscles.







No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...