Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Music, Mammoth and Mono Lake

Since I worked through the holidays, I really felt I didn't have a break at all. This weekend certainly made up for it.


Friday night, Evan and I checked out Atwater Village Tavern (great margaritas, okay food), then Michael and I caught up at El Prado before going the Echoplex and seeing the Superhumanoids. I hadn't seen them perform in a minute, so it was great to rediscover their sound.

Evan had decided we were going to wake up before dawn to leave for Mammoth. So I threw some things in my bag (all useless, thank god for target) and we picked up Christable and Veronica. None of us had gotten more than two hours of sleep, and let me tell you, we no longer have the stamina of college students.


But once we got to Mammoth, it was amazing. I had decided to cook the entire weekend.

On the Menu:
Saturday brunch: mimosas, bacon and a Spanish Frittata with new potatoes, peppers, tomatoes, goat cheese, and red onion.
Saturday dinner: artisan pizza with pancetta, fried eggplant, pesto, pizza sauce, mozzarella, burrata, caramelized onions and heirloom tomatoes with a caesar salad with homemade croutons.
Sunday breakfast: orange-banana pancakes, bacon and scrambled eggs.
Sunday dinner: ground beef tacos with sauteed kale and onions, pepperjack cheese and peach salsa
Sunday late night snack: sweet potato, pesto on herbed flatbread.
Monday breakfast: omelet with peppers, kale, potatoes, parmesan and goat cheese.

I was happy with the results, although some of my recipes still need tweaking (of course). Also I want to bake more.

So while everyone was skiing, Veronica, Sophie and I hiked. We did the Snowcreek Trail (Sophie loves ice and snow balls.) We also went to Mono Lake, which is this amazing salt lake with tufa rock formations. Absolutely gorgeous.


We went up to the main lodge to see the half-pipe invitationals (i don't even know what those are.) There was hot-tubbing, music, beer tasting, fooseballing, napping and movie-watching. Such an epic time with hilarious and fun people, including Vinson (Evan's friend from home who drove down from San Jose) and Lincoln (Evan's and my coworker.)

Although I need a bit of recovery time from my weekend, I was so grateful and relaxed the entire time. <3 p="">









No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...