Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Lost in Griffith

Since I've moved to Atwater (which was a whole two days ago), I've been exploring the area. Shame on me, but I haven't explored Griffith to really any extent (except for picnicking at the Observatory and sipping coffee at Trails Cafe.) So Annie, Sophie and I decided to do a short 2-mile loop trail - the Bill Eckhart, which you enter on Crystal Springs Road. Total fail. We missed the branch off and ended up doing closer to six miles with a lovely steep incline more than half the way. Anyway, when we emerged from the park, we were 2.5 miles away from where we parked and so we threw in the towel and asked our friend/savior Dax, who thankfully was home and lives a short distance to where we were dumped off, to drive us to our car. Currently, my legs feel a bit numb, but overall, a beautiful hike.

Just for the record, I wish that I could find a trail where I could actually complete a loop correctly.




No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...