Tuesday, November 19, 2013

My Two Minute Acting Gig + A Grapefruit Cocktail

So my friend Christina gets really irritated with my hair situations. She hates that I meet her with my hair down and within minutes of arriving at our destination, its up in my messy, not-quite-a-top-knot, wonky-ass bun. So do most of my other friends.

My annoyance with my hair is quite cyclical. I generally keep it long, then hack it off every two years for locks of love. In the meantime, I can't stand my growing hair until it hits right at my bra line. At which point, I may start wearing it down, but only for minutes at a time.

Anyway, Christina messaged me on Friday asking if I wanted to take part in a Patene marketing campaign to go with the new branding they are launching next year. A free haircut and products? Sold. So I dragged Jacy along thinking I might do a before and after photo thing after my trim.

Um no. This was a full blown makeover. I got my makeup done (totally buying all of the Smashbox products), and then met Jamie, the lovely Brambila hairstylist who made my hair so much more tolerable and pretty and wonderful. I got blunt bangs, layers and color - "sunkissed highlights," which I am pretty much in love with. I am totally going back to Jamie since she was so detail oriented and took her time, despite the filming schedule we were on.

Also I was interviewed before, after and during the whole "transformation."

Anyway, the video will be online in a a couple of weeks, but until then some before, during and after shots :)






Also, Jacy (who is the most amazing and patient person ever) and I managed to sneak away to Misfit for a Happy Hour grapefruit sparkling wine cocktail (Bijou) and a lavender honey cocktail (Bee's Knees- my fave).

All in all, a pretty wonderful day. I have to say though that the whole pampering thing is not as glamorous as it seems. I had to be cheerful and engaging and cute all day long. I slept for nine hours last night straight.

Now for some normalcy,  I am currently in the kitchen baking a mixed berry pie. Recipe to follow!

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...