Monday, November 25, 2013

Gjelina

I have a final tomorrow, so clearly I'm blogging. #duh.

Last week, I traipsed over to Venice to say goodbye to some of the attorneys I worked for over the summer. But turned out they were in trial and I missed them, so I met up with Christina at Gjelina for lunch.

I've heard rave reviews about this place, but hadn't had a chance to check it out because dinner reservations are a pain to get with my schedule and during lunch I was always working. So this was the perfect day.

We ordered cappuccinos to start, then spent time parsing through the delicious menu. We settled on the king mushrooms (delicious and smoky and weirdly meaty), the smoked trout salad with avo and grapefruit (reminded me of something I'd get in the UK), the pear burrata (literally killed me it was so amazing), and the gruyere and caramelized onion flatbread.






It was sort of a "ladies who brunch" kind of thing, which was a nice break from eating a salad at my desk while drafting motions in limine. It sort of makes me want to be a yoga instructor/blogger who spends most of the day at the beach, only retreating indoors for a cucumber-mint virgin cocktail.

Then this weekend, I finally hung out with Lauren and Becky and Freddy (who has now entered the fold of the girls' club - welcome my friend.) We met up for beers and pool and I have to say I have improved tremendously. This isn't saying much because there was a time I couldn't move a ball on a pool table. But we had such a good time, although I have to say I am not quite as tolerant of IPAs as I used to be.






Between seeing my bffls and cuddling with my mom and various pups, it was a lovely weekend to start the holiday season off.

xx


1 comment:

  1. LOVE the line about the yoga instructor/blogger.

    HATE the line about losing your IPA tolerance. SAD FACE.

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...