Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Lavender Shortbread


This chilly weather is making me happy. And when I am happy (or stressed or hungry or tired) I like to bake. So last night, with my housemates' unwavering support, I whipped up a batch of simple lavender shortbread cookies. Then fresh out of the oven, Annie, Sophie and I ate them with vanilla ice cream.

Yay for autumn.

Currently, I'm at work. Which would be distressing with the amount of work I have, but I love the beach on a cloudy day, especially when enjoyed with a cup of chai.

Hope everyone has a lovely day!

xx

Lavender Shortbread adapted from Gale Gand on FoodNetwork
Ingredients:
8 tablespoons (1 stick) cool unsalted butter, cut into pieces
1/4 cup sugar
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup cornstarch
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons dried or fresh lavender flowers

Directions: Heat the oven to 350 degrees F. Cream the butter until soft in a mixer fitted with a paddle attachment. Add 1/4 cup sugar and mix until incorporated. Stir together the flour, cornstarch, and salt in a medium bowl. Add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture and mix at low speed just until the ingredients are almost incorporated, then add the lavender, and mix until the dough starts to come together. Flour a work surface, turn the dough onto it, and knead it 5 to 10 times, to bring the dough together and smooth it out. Annie and I then rolled pieces of dough into small balls and pressed them down on a greased baking sheet. We baked for ten mins then rotated and then baked for another ten mins. Enjoy with ice cream!

1 comment:

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...