Monday, October 14, 2013

Confusion.

Last week was a bit stressful for me. Not in a stressful deadline-y kind of way, but in "a lots of stuff going on and full social life, not enough sleep, one beer too many, and no exercise" kind of way. Champagne problems I know. That and the massive amount of work I managed to eek out from my fried brain and aching fingertips was rather impressive... until Friday hit. I was told about a new case at work that hopefully I will be working on. However, the details and evidence that I went through on Friday was particularly brutal and horrifying. To the point that I cancelled all plans and hid out at Jacy's, enjoying Lagunitas, Dominos (with In n Out spread???), and bridal TV shows. Mind you, I've been limiting my dairy, gluten and alcohol intake to one day a week, so my body almost revolted in displeasure. A great night though.

Saturday was similar. After a walk with Soph and coffee with Annie, I drove down to the OC to hole up on my mom's couch and watch reruns of television. I didn't want to think, read, think, etc. I just lazed about like a slug and appreciated the privileged life I live. Which meant by Sunday, I needed action. I drove back to the Fig House - started laundry, cleaned my room, went on a hike with Jenaba, and then volunteered with my friend Kelsey at Artisanal LA.



Kelsey is working for a television network that just launched by Participant Media (i.e. Food Inc), called Pivot. It features edgy material aimed at millennials and is available through most cable providers. Super cool stuff.

Anyway, Artisanal LA was amazing. We only had time to peruse one of the floors, which had everything from coffee (i.e. Handsome and Coava) to coconut bacon to vegan chocolates to Japanese beef demonstrations and hemp tshirts. I loved it and would have spent far too much money if I hadn't been volunteering.


Kelsey and I then caught up at Mohawk Bend. Whenever I see her, I am just so in awe of how vibrant and ambitious she is. Such an inspiration.


Afterward, I finished those pesky weekend chores and snuggled Sophie till she bit me. (She had a spa day at Soak with Lennie and Jenaba and came back quite perturbed with how wonderful she smelled and the shortness of her paw-nails.)

I also watched AHS: Coven. Loved some of the historical throwbacks, the New Orleans/voodoo stuff and of course, the Salem folklore. But as a history buff, especially on the Salem trials, I'm a little nervous about their rendering. Also, Emma Roberts kind of annoys me. Kathy Bates though is superb (duh) and I can't wait to see what she does with the show.


So now to the confusion bit. I think my body is confused with what its doing. I've been feeling fatigued in the mornings, which is generally NOT me. I bounce out of bed like a groundhog. (Someone once described me like that.) This is despite limiting my coffee intake to one drink a day and also staying away from gluten and dairy and heavy meals after 6pm. The one thing could be my sleeping pattern was terrible last week and I wasn't exercising as much I generally do. Plus, the Dominos could still be in my system (damn you cheesy breadsticks!).

Thus, this week I am focusing on regular sleeping hours and exercising.. Despite seeing Gravity tonight, maybe the Peach Kings tomorrow. And I'm working on sticking to the gluten-free vegan stuff this week.


Today, I had vanilla quinoa porridge (not a looker, but great taste) and then a vegan chicken wrap. Go me. I'm perfecting my quinoa recipe, but I'll post it once I like it ;)


Okay, back to work.

Ciao.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...