Thursday, October 24, 2013

Rosemary Bacon and Sweet Potato Pizza & Fried Brussels

Sorry I've been MIA. I ruined my comp. Let's not talk about it.

BUT I have been cooking up a storm recently.

Last week, I made my signature pizza and then a successful remake of my favorite dish from the Herm, fried brussels.

THE PIZZA:

Roast sweet potatoes:
Oven at 400.
wash, peel, slice sweet potatoes.
place on greased cookie sheet with a bit of olive oil, sea salt and pepper.
Roast until soft. Put aside.

Caramelize onions:
One tablespoon olive oil, one tablespoon butter
Two medium red onions, sliced.
Melt the butter and oil on medium, add sliced onions. Turn down heat. Cook on low until onions are caramelized. Put aside.

Rosemary bacon:
Put bacon (6+ slices) and a few sprigs of rosemary in pan. Crisp bacon. Drain and put aside.

Preheat over to 450:
Spread out Trader Joes Herbed Pizza Crust on greased cookie sheet, nice and thin.
- The trick is to let the dough rest at room temp for at least an hour.
Dribble a bit of olive oil on crust.
Grate gruyere over crust
Sprinkle on crumbled bacon, caramelized onions, and some sweet potatoes.

Bake until cheese is bubbly. Voila!


THE BRUSSELS:
Ingredients:
Brussels, halved.
Veggie oil.
Truffle Cheese (from Trader Joes - Best Thing Ever)
Salt and fresh Lemon Juice.

Heat up oil until when you place brussels in, they sort of sizzle.
Put heat on medium.
Fry sprouts until golden brown.
Drain oil.
Salt.
Add grated cheese.
Squirt on lemon juice.
Inhale.




And then Annie read Aline's and my tarot cards. So legit. Also, I'm supposed to find the love of my life soon.

xoxo



No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...