Saturday, September 14, 2013

The Parish Restaurant

The Parish Restaurant
840 S. Spring
theparishla.com

I had high hopes for Parish but I was slightly disappointed.

First, I arrived to meet the girls and walked through the main entrance. I was quickly reprimanded because they were shooting a commercial. I was shooed out and told to go through a side entrance that had no sign or hostess waiting.

The decor was nice - muted, old library feel. Then it got rough again. We weren't offered water, our food order was taken before our wine order, and our plates were cleared for the next course before some of us had finished eating.

The food was okay. We had:
- the mussels: meh, overwhelming fennel, curry concoction
- the burger: quality meat, standard, like I can't remember it
- the octopus salad: overcooked and not a fan of the curry dip it came with
- the lamb shoulder pasta: oversalted
- fries: fine
- a caramelized onion flatbread: the best thing - i would get it again

Dessert was also okay:
- we got a chocolate cake thing and a bread pudding with caramel sauce. The latter was the highlight of the evening.

Overall, I have to say I wouldn't go back for the food. However, a drink I could probably do.

Also, I didn't even feel like editing these photos, I was so irritated with the meal.







No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...