Monday, September 16, 2013

Malibu Cafe

Malibu Cafe at Calamigos Ranch
themalibucafe.com

After debating for a bit last Sunday, Tara, Christina and I decided to make the harrowing driving up the 1 into the canyons to The Malibu Cafe. After a brief parking frenzy, we made. The staff was great - event though we were 30 mins late to our reservation on a busy day, they seated us right away. The environment was beautiful - lots of kids and dogs and people singing songs from the 70s.

Okay, so after going to the Parish, my standards were lowered. But, ugh, I still had things to complaint about

Despite the gorgeousness, unfortunately, service was rough. For instance, when I puled to the valet station, we sat in the car for a few minutes before I just parked the car myself. I asked for a dog water bowl and got one two hours later. (Don't worry, soph just drank out of the extra water glass.). Our mimosas were frequently bottomed out. The iced coffee was blasphemy (DRIP COFFEE OVER ICE IS NOT ICED COFFEE). The ahi in the ahi salad was overcooked. The burger was meh.

That being said, I would go back on a cooler, less busy day and give them a second change. It was that cute.






No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...