Monday, September 2, 2013

LA Catchup

Things have been madness since I returned last Friday.  I'm so grateful for my family and friends and how fun this week has been and all the wonderful things that will happen. A brief synopsis:

Saturday:

  • Law Review Orientation
  • Late lunch with Annie (new housemate - she's amazing, fyi), Veronica, Grant, Aline, Max and Lauren (our fave subletter ever) at Square One at Echo Park Lake. I got the Squash Blossom Burrito - delish. (Grant - we need to do our vegan dinner soon; Max - you need to get on board with face touching; Veronica - can we just get married already?)
  • FYF - I love you Devendra Banhart (and Jacy, Aline and Evan - I've missed you more than you can imagine).



Sunday:

  • Jeff - thank you for always putting up with my craziness - I love you, almost as much as I love coffee and Banh Mi.
  • Brunch wtih Christina at Red Hill - get the mimosa with the homemade sorbet and the kale salad. Also despite the crazy people around us, Christina was the funniest and most amazing. I love her so much and can't wait to go out with her again).
  • FYF - Beach House and Washed Out for the win. And reuniting with Molly was the icing on the cake.



Monday - Thursday:

  • Classes - wow. I forgot how to read. 
  • Hermosillo welcome back - I love my friends almost as much as I love deep fried brussel sprouts (special thank you to Anthony and Jackie for traveling to me - I felt so loved!)
  • Walks around Silverlake Res, hikes at Elysian, nachos with Cassi at El Chavo, fun work meetings (more on that later), and general merriness.


Friday:



Saturday:

  • Coffee at Square One with the pups and Jacy (becoming my favorite dog walk, especially with Sophie trying to chase the heron pictured below).



  • Catching up on Orange in the New Black (so amazing, I want the new season - did she or didn't she?)
  • Scoops ice cream with Annie and Ariana - yay for roommate bonding and salty oreo.
  • Reuniting with Lennie and Jenaba - I've missed them.
  • Eat.See.Hear with Sam, Jacy and Christable - Pulp Fiction, hot dogs with avocado, arugula, and basil aioli and hot chocolate from Brasil Kiss. Yum. Sam - thank you so much for introducing me to such a legit event and thank you to Christable and Jacy for putting up with my craziness and listening to my stories and for being so great in general).




  • Brew Co/Daily Bruin reunion with my faves, including Alene, Anthony, Jess, Machiko and Matt Stevens. 


Sunday:

  • Relaxed with brunch with my mom, Labor Day Sale shopping with my aunt, and yummy Indian before cleaning my room and getting my life together.


Monday:

  • work work work in the morning.
  • Lunch with Priyah and Whitney at Wurstkuche - You can't go wrong with the Austin Blues. Also I've missed Priyah tremendously since she moved and so happy I got to spend a couple of hours with her.




  • Massage with Aline
  • BBQ with Paige and Aline - adobo steak, corn on the cob, fresh green salad and dessert: bananas with melted truffles, marshmallows and vanilla ice cream.



The next week is crazy - I have a report due for my consultant position with LAFLA due tomorrow. I start back at Hadsell tomorrow and Hoffman on Wednesday. I need to sift through some law review articles and do my reading for class. Thursday - HH with Lorna and Haley and dinner with the girls (Aline, Alene and Seda) on Thursday.

Also starting my new workout plan - Beachfit and YogaHop on Wednesday and applying for some fellowships. Shit is about to get real, but I'm hoping to keep up the updates on this blog as we go along.

xx











No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...