Monday, September 23, 2013

Cardio Barre - I'm Just Like a Ballerina. Sort of.

I've been in a fitness rut for a reallllly long time - probably a few months since I started working the beginning of the summer.

When I was in London, I was running like a madwoman. Then I was into bikram for a while. And then once I adopted Sophie, we were going on 1-2 hour hikes everyday.

Then I started the 9-5 and although I get into about an hour dog walk in a day, I've been really ignoring my fitness, which is where Groupon/Living Social come in. [Not to mention I gained 6 pounds while I was in Brussels and my body is starting to rebel against beer, fries and coffee in that order.]

I've purchase a few passes - yoga, cardio, etc. and have been trying them all out. Last week, I pulled out my Black Swan and went to Cardio Barre with Aline and her mom.

Okay, so I went in thinking I was going to flounce around like a prima ballerina and like, actually look graceful doing it. 1) I was not graceful 2) Even if i could hope for coordination in lieu of grace, I failed on that count too.

However, I LOVED it.

The class was super fast paced with remixed top 40 hits based on ballet, yoga and pilates moves. My entire body was worked out in segments focus on particular body parts. We did a warm-up, followed by legs, arms and then core. The instructor pushed us without being militant and I definitely felt the burn then and now, especially in my inner thigh and calf area.

The cons, you ask? The first thing would be the expense - its $17/class. However, I got a Groupon and so its $50 for 10 classes. Pretty good deal, right? Second gripe would be the carpet. It sort of freaks me out. Like people's sweat and skin cells. And although I liked the fast-pacedness and shiz, I would have liked a little more direction before I started flailing around. The lovely woman next to me (who look like a profesh ballerina - like shoot me) was sweet enough to show me some moves, but that was after I was already looking like a epileptic zombie.

All in all, I can't wait to go back to Cardio Barre (and the weight that I was in the picture below)

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...