Saturday, August 4, 2012

Last Friday Night

Hmmmm. I'm still debating my thoughts on the last 32 hours, but overall, I think they were a success. Yesterday, I met my cousin Taj and my Uncle Jay at USC (ew). Taj is applying to colleges soon and toured the camps, so I met them for a quick bite at the Lab Gastropub. It was conveniently right next to their hotel and the ambience was great, although the music was a little loud. I had truffled mac and cheese, but the one at The Farm is far better :-) I did think it was cool that the Lab offered a speciality Trojan ale, although I would never drink. I am a Bruin after all.

But Taj LOVED the campus and the tour and USC is his first choice. Although I am a bit disturbed to have a traitor in the family, if he decides on USC then it would be wonderful to have my cousin close by.

After that, I hit up the gym. I've lost a lot of muscle tone. Let's not talk about it.

I went out with my housemates and company to Malo on Sunset for drinks and dins. Jenaba and I tried the Senorita Angelica, which was tequila with hibiscus and muddled limes and a chili salt rim. PHENOMENAL. I was also a fan of the chips and salsa. (I had already eaten, so I didn't order anything.) From what I heard the food was great. I do have to say the service was a little slow, but they were busy.

Jacy and Me at Malo

 Adam trying Pork Belly Tacos for the first time.
The cutest couple: Jacy and Jefferson
Jenaba and Ellie pose for the camera
Jacy and her bloody mary accessory
  
The Senorita Angelica at Malo (the best ever!)

Then the crew, which include Jenaba, Jefferson, Ellie, Jacy, and Ellie's friend Adam, who is visiting from the Point Loma naval base, hit up Thirsty Crow and ran into a few friends there. But it was hella crowded so we went to the Highland Park bars, Johnny's and Hermosillo. (I'll be back at TC for the jazz soon though :-))  Hermosillo is quickly becoming a favorite with the well-selected craft beer list. I wrote a little review of it earlier - here. Johnny's was a cool place - we had vodka cocktails that tasted like candy and the crowd was diverse. 

Today was a bit of a slow start. Jenaba and I made light mimosas, then I went to Antigua Bread with Ellie and Adam for breakfast burritos and a great iced coffee. I'm hoping to get some work done before Ellie and I head to Hollywood and meet my old roomies.


No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...