Friday, November 20, 2015

Send My Love (To Your New Lover)

Yep. So that's my favorite Adele song, next to Hello, I Miss You, When We Were Young, Remedy, Water Under The Bridge, River Lea, Love In The Dark, Million Years Ago, All I Ask and Sweetest Devotion. (And yes, that's all of them).

*Update: I also love "Water Under the Bridge": If you're gonna let me down, let me down gently/Don't pretend that you don't want me/Our love ain't water under the bridge/If you're gonna let me down, let me down gently. 
OMG CHILLS.
--> So then Sam was like, "apparently it's about her bf - she was like waiting for him to fuck up but he never did and she was like oh, this is new." [lololol].

I obviously needed to take a break from my social media cleanse (no FB posting, no Insta, no Snap) to sing the praises of the goddess that is Adele. (I don't even care that this is like the most #basic thing ever, bc like Adele.) 

Once I go back on social media, Imma just post videos of me singing all the songs. Forever. It'll just be me in my snowflake pajamas tearing this shit upppp. PS I've also only had shots of espresso and pecan pie today, so I am AMPED.


Adele really inspires my most terrifyingly dramatic moments, i.e. ill-founded texts to the guys I'm dating with ambiguous and simultaneously empty threats of abandonment and irritation. [God forbid I leave a voicemail.]


Last night's outfit
So in other news, hit up an opera last night. There is no way to make this sound less geriatric: as soon as the curtain went up for Moby Dick, I was asleep, wrapped in Aline's soft AF scarf. We met up with my old friend, Devon, and his charming husband last night -  (Peter might be my new favorite person) - for some (insert grimace) white wine and cheese. 

So before I harp too much on the utter boredom that is Moby Dick, I am so excited for the LA Opera's 30 Under 30. Just the best deal, the best seats. But Moby Dick. I never was able to make it through the bloody book. I don't know why I thought I could the the opera. Best sleep I've gotten since my preschool naps.

In other news, this week has been a challenge. Between MIA clients, settlement negotiations up the wazoo, and wayyyy to many mornings in court, I am so excited for this weekend, including happy hour plans, Hunger Games and Santa Barbara with Aline for a quick girls weekend. 

This photo summarizes my life right now. 


Love this face

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...