Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Gift Guide #1 AKA...

... Things I bought for other people but then kept for myself. Whoops.

[Insert theoretical and poetic spiel about being a mindful consumer] OR rather, we all spend too much money on things we don't need. We might as well purchase high quality goods that won't hurt the world, and gasp, might even help someone else. AKA don't be an ass. Any little bit helps.

1. Grounds and Hounds Coffee Co. ($15) -> fair trade organic coffee. My favorite blend so far is, Paper and Slippers, a medium roast, with notes of chocolate and blackberry. 20% of proceeds go to no-kill rescue shelters. (I may have teared up reading their website.)


2. Juniper Ridge Campfire Incense in White Sage ($12) -> a self-named "wilderness distillery," all products are sustainably harvested. It reminds me of summers in the desert and oddly enough, my yoga studio. Perfectly calming and not sweet.


3.  Krochet Kids Headband ($24) - Besides being founded by three attractive males, the tenets of this company include empowerment and employment helping individuals in Peru and Uganda create and sell handmade products. They also help in mentorship and education.


4. Neal's Yard Dairy Cheese (varies) - My favorite dairy with my favorite cheese: stilchelton, but it's a seasonal cheese. I just picked up some Adrahan - a bold Irish cheese. Soft and stinky. Yum. (I just ate it for breakfast as my desk).



ALSO I REALLY REALLY WANT THIS vase + docking stand - THATS A HINT.



In other news, I'm trying out the Pomodoro Technique at work, deleted social media accts from my phone for the week - as close as I'm going to get to a cleanse, and have decided to not wear makeup at work when I'm not in court and don't have a depo scheduled. Caking my face with shit when all I do is stare at a computer is rather useless and I'm far happier naked (faced).






No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...