Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Thing That Are Keeping Me Going Today

It's a pretty slow week at work or at least the adrenaline of needing to know so much new information has slightly subsided. But I can feel an achy throat coming on and a desperation for a yoga class, and sitting at my desk all day is weighing on me. BUT THERE IS SILVER LINING. Namely these things:

1. SERIAL Podcast: I already finished the podcast and felt disillusioned and unsatisfied, although it's amazingly well-done. I just wish there had been more of a resolution. Then this happened:
Key 'Serial' Witness Writes New Affidavit Supporting Adnan SyedRead more: http://www.rollingstone.com/culture/news/serial-witness-never-recanted-alibi-adnan-syed-20150120#ixzz3PUHdfipn 


2. From NPR: "The songs of Elliott Smith are widely revered — especially by those who came of age in the '90s — but a new generation of listeners is only beginning to discover him. Seth Avett and Jessica Lea Mayfield Sing Elliott Smith is likely to expose new fans to the great singer-songwriter... This album, by Jessica Lea Mayfield and The Avett Brothers' Seth Avett, was made over a four-year period with great love for the man and his songs."
3. Reminiscing about three days ago, when my weekend was full of housewarming parties, birthday brunches, reunions, and yummy food and drinks. Grateful to have so many good friends from undergrad and law school. Also special shout out to Cass and Kelly (pictured below) for letting me crash with them last week:
4. The entirety of Taylor Swift's new crap. I hate myself because I love it so much. I've also memorized all of it. "Wildest Dreams" is kind of my song right now. God help me. Anywho, this cover makes my obsession slightly better?



Listen to "Somebody that I Used to Know" here.









5. Meditation. I've been meditating for a few minutes in the morning and evening and even in the afternoon when I get a chance... just five to ten minutes to center myself, which has helped keep my energy up and my anxiety... winninnggggggggggg

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...