Friday, January 9, 2015

An Immunity-Boosting Soup and Reunions

After months of talking about, Brooke, Ivana, Evan and I finally reunited over dinner last night. Words cannot express how much I love those girls. They are so funny and smart and lovely and I felt like I had just seen them yesterday, rather than 8 months ago.

For the occasion, I made a Kale-Garbanzo soup because we've all been fighting off colds and allergies and flus and such. Truth be told, I am always underwhelmed by the idea of soup. Ramen, curry, pho are different. Those are life-giving. Your regular old cup of minestrone doesn't really appeal to me ever. However, this is silly. Because when I have made soup at home, i.e. asparagus soup or chicken tortilla, it's always been comforting and life-giving and warming and delicious.

So last night, I decided I'd improvise a soup recipe and it actually turned out pretty well. Super tasty, fragrant and substantial. I paired it with a later course of sweet potato tacos, which is one of my favorite, easy vegan meals to make.

[Sorry for the wretched photo of the soup - I wasn't really paying attention bc I was laughing too hard.]

Sooooo the soup recipe:
KALE AND GARBANZO BEAN SOUP


- chop an onion and sauté in olive oil
- mince four cloves of garlic and once onion is softened, throw in the garlic
- Add 1 tsp dried rosemary, 1 tsp Italian seasoning, salt and pepper, and a few dashes of chili flakes
- Add four or so handfuls of chopped kale
- Add four chopped tomatoes
- Add one container of organic vegetable broth
- Add one can of washed garbanzos
- Simmer for 25 mins

It's a light, flavorful broth with substantial vegetables. Will definitely make again and will probably add some celery and carrots as well.

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...