Monday, November 3, 2014

Things Keeping Me Sane

I'm a bit unfocused at the moment, so taking a bit of a break from the blogging business, until I get my dose of inspiration.

But here are a few odds and ends and updates.

1. Taylor. Swift. Is. Everything. I disgust myself by saying this but don't even care anymore. "Blank Space" is my theme song.


2. This face:




3. Talking about my love life/employment status/housing situation with my equally "disillusioned, disenchanted, and disappointed" crew, friends and then watching Beyonce videos.




4. Recipe inspiration, including a butternut squash and sage galette from how sweet it is and squash toasts with ricotta from smitten kitchen. I want to host a friends' Thanksgiving dinner now.




5. Looking forward to reading Lena Dunham's Not That Kind of Girl, Mimi Thorisson's A Kitchen in France, and Donna Tartt's Goldfinch.

6. Some Charles Bukowski quotes:

“It’s so easy to be easy—if you let it. I kept pulling the books out of the shelves again and again. I could only read a few lines and I felt the fakeness and I put them back. It was a real horror show. Nothing related to life, at least not to mine and the streets and the people I saw in the streets and what they were forced to do and what they became.”

“Men were children. You had to humor them. They could take no hurt. It was a thing every woman knew.”

“Each person is only given so many evenings and each wasted evening is a gross violation against the natural course of your only life.”

“You begin saving the world by saving one person at a time; all else is grandiose romanticism or politics.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...