Monday, March 10, 2014

A Night on the Ace

My best friend, confidante, savior, etc, Rob Chua, came into town this weekend for a conference and thank god, because I needed his chill vibe for my last two days of spring break.


After a couple of hiccups, we met up Saturday afternoon and hit up Red Lion Tavern for a pitcher (The Dunkle) and pretzels before heading to the Upstairs Bar at the Ace Hotel. (Pro tip #1: the elevator up is in the back of the restaurant, LA Chapter; otherwise you have to wait in the main lobby for someone with a keycard.)



The roof is gorgeous and separated into three parts: patio with awnings, candles, tapestries, etc.; the bar area by the main elevators with tattooed, bearded mixologists; and the the pool area. (Pro tip #2: this is where they play music, but its hella breezy so bring a cardigan.)

Rob and I got IPAs (duh) and the girls got a variety of of drinks. (Pro tip #3: the well cocktails are double-digits, so you might as well get a fancy one. ya know?)

Between Ellie, Jacy, Hannah, Lauren, Becky and I, Rob had his hands full :)


We then hit up Veronica's apartment, played some Beyonce and Grant met us. We checked out Spring Street Bar and then LA Cafe for some late night eats. (omg the lobster grilled cheese).

It was lovely to bring some of my closest friends from three parts of my life together (Fullerton, Santa Cruz, and the Boise crew), and I appreciate so much the warmth and kindness they show each other.

Yesterday deserves its own blog post, so I'll hold off on that update.

xoxo







No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...