Thursday, December 19, 2013

Dressember Part 1

So every year, my lovely friend Jackie participates in Dressember, which essentially is 31 dresses in 31 days. Every year, I say I will participate because I have over 87 dresses I never wear and its a cute idea. But then finals roll around and temperatures fall to 68F, and the idea of wearing a dress is terrifying.

However, I have been feeling in a bit of a rut and I once read a study that the idea of "dress for success" is rooted in legit psychological studies. It is a bit of a placebo effect, but looking good means feeling good which means performing well. And lets be real, around finals time, I need all the help I can get. Plus, spending three months in yoga pants was doing nothing for my self esteem or social life.

In the midst of all this, I realized that women all over the world do Dressember for an amazing cause that I've actually spent a majority of my academic and professional life on - human trafficking. This organization both raises awareness and funds to combat trafficking. Although I didn't participate in the fundraising, I was glad for the coincidence and another reason to talk about the very relevant and important issues of human trafficking, both international and domestic, that deserve attention and support.

I plan on writing more on this issue after I finish some more work, but until then, here is a recap of my Dressember Style so far :)







1 comment:

  1. I had no idea about dressember! Love this, and you look beautiful every damn day! xx

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...