Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Grateful

Of course, I get caught up in the negligible mindless things and forget about everything amazing.

So last Friday, Rob's flight was cancelled from SFO to LAX after the shooting. 12 hours later and a possible reroute to Sacramento, he arrived at 11pm at LAX. As you clearly see, I am a neurotic mess. Rob and my bro are probably the only people who can get me to calm the eff down. It was a mellow and sweet weekend with lake-gazing, coffee-guzzling, impromptu dance parties, KBBQ-ing, and catching up with the crew/group/republic/party/team etc., including banana slugs Grant, Tawsh, Phil, Scott and Molly and LA-ers (Ladi, Veronica, and Aline.) These people make me happy and there isn't much more to say :)

I know I am a bit late on this, but a five things I am grateful for (Nov. 1-5):

1. Morning hikes (with Jacy, Tucker, Beebs and Annie) and evening runs (with Beebs). As finals approach and work picks up, exercise is keeping me sane. (Also just Beebs in general).

2. My knights in shining armor - Greg, Rob, Evan and my brother, who keep me from careening into romantic embarrassment.

3. My mom - She is my best friend and drives me crazy. She is positive and ridiculous and generous and strong and the inspiration for everything I do. (Except the pouty face, she hates the pouty face... which is probably why I do it... so I guess she's the inspiration for that too).

4. My work - Never before have I had this much professional responsibility and it feels good. Frightening, but really good.

5. Domesticity - LBR (lets be real), I''m generally weary of anything to Martha Stewart-y or crafty. However, autumn chills always inspire me to bake and cook more. It's therapeutic and it is certainly way to show the people around me that I care for them.

A few snaps from the weekend. Places pictured: Brite Spot, Echo Park Lake, the Fig House, Manna KBBQ, Elysian Park.





















No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...