Monday, August 5, 2013

Party Weekend

Post-Tuesday, I decided to relax (aka go to sleep at an appropriate hour, drink more water than other beverages, and eat spinach.) But by Friday, that was a bit old. Cue Matheus, the most amazing social calendar/planner ever.

Friday: We headed over to our friend Pelayo's with Pablo and Almaz and a ton of other people for wine and crisps before heading to this, uh, interesting dance spot. We ended up doing karaoke to the wee hours and I got home approximately 4am. 









Saturday: I slept in and watched documentaries until Matheus, Almaz and Pablo came home and we did sushi delivery (they need to bring this to LA) and watched Horrible Bosses. Matheus and I also had a spirited discussion about gender relations but I won't go into it :)









Sunday: We woke up at then normal 1pm and then headed to the Parvis for a Moroccan/Italian brunch with Pablo. We then headed over to Matheus' great-aunt's house, who I utterly adore and discussed mythology, Italian and American politics and the joys of cognac. Pablo, Matheus and I met up with Almaz back in the parvis for a drink before heading to Pelayo's for a lovely fish dinner (3 courses!) prepared by Chef Andrea with help from everyone. We had fried something or other with homemade mayonnaise, octopus salad, and then some delicious, huge white fish in the courtyard with veg, melon and bread. It was so lovely and relaxing and sweet. I am so grateful to have met everyone. They are so warm and funny and interesting. I feel as though I've been in Brussels for longer than three weeks because I feel as if I've known everyone for ages.












This week, however, I am off to The Hague and Amsterdam. The blog will be a bit quiet but have a lovely week!

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...