Thursday, July 18, 2013

CocoRosie and Missing My LA Music Scene

Before I came to Brussels, I was going to a lot of shows, big and little, rock and R&B and folk and pop and everything in between. Although my time here has been AMAZING so far, I am having a few pangs for the Satellite and Bootleg and the Echo (and Staples and the Greek). But not to fear, I have Jay-Z's new album on repeat (omg Holy Grail - like I can't) and also have been stalking my friend Andrew Sheppard on SoundCloud. I love how earnest and genuine his music is and up-tempo with some notes of nostalgia; I need that at work. (Tunisian transitional justice is a heavy topic). Check him out:


Also, headed to London tonight to see Hannah and my cousin Aniela. Then I'm reunited with Alexandra and we're seeing CocoRosie on Saturday night. I can't believe I am actually seeing them. (Ff course, they just happen to have scheduled their first US tour in like forever for this fall, after I bought a ticket to see them in London). I'm kidnapping Alexandra and bringing her back to Brussels - wooooo! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...