Monday, November 19, 2012

Chilling Out

So post-SF, I was in super student mode. I finished a couple of memos, a draft of my law review note, a presentation. I prepared for an interview, did some reconnaissance on summer job ops, and stayed in (gasp!). I relaxed at my mom, enjoyed the rain, recovered from some sniffles with homemade pho and also shrimp curry. Hit up Stories cafe, made pear spiced muffins and watched a lot of Criminal Minds. Last night, tried out Fusion Burger. Huffington Post and EaterLA have both mentioned it. Pretty toned-atmosphere, great service, no alcohol (wtf), and PHENOMENAL burgers. Well-prepared, fresh and so into their House Burger's Thousand Island dressing. Then went to the Hermosillo and tried out Sierra Nevada's Celebration 2012 Fresh Hop IPA and Citra Blue House Pale Ale. The IPA won of the two, although I wouldn't say its my fave IPA. Later, the Ellie, Jacy, Jefferson and I went to the Old Towne Pub to see Ryan's show. Totally random place the middle of Pasadena but legit music and crowd. Couldn't stay long because I had work this morning so took the Metro back (first/last time). Excited to see some shows at Bootleg in the next couple of weeks and drink a few lattes in preparation for finals.

Have a lot of work over the holiday but happy as a clam about it.

 I made truffle ravioli and a kale feta salad 
 Vanilla ice cream with nutella and cookie butter
 polka dots and chai
 Using up some pears
 Pear ginger crumble
 Wine post law review note drafting
 Pear Spice muffins with an oat streusel topping - pear kick #2

 House Burger at Fusion - amazing
 Alley to Old Towne Pub - its like a little secret
The Metro!
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...