Monday, September 3, 2012

ERs and Weddings

Sooooo - its all been a bit crazy in these parts.

First, the pup:
My little sweetheart was diagnosed with tapeworm and giardia (another parasite) last week, right after she was spayed. On Thursday, she was doing way better and prancing around, but then on Friday, she was extremely lethargic and feverish. Her doctor in HP said that it was just the antibiotics, but when she refused water, I freaked out and took her the Orange County Emergency Animal Hospital. They are phenomenal and within minutes diagnosed her with parvo (cue my mother's hysteria.) Parvo has a really low survival rate, about 15 percent, without treatment. BUT with treatment, its just a little puppy flu. Catching it early and treating it with intense care with IVs and antibiotics, little Sophs just had to be hospitalized for three days (as in I'm not going to be able to eat out for the next six months). But she's home and playing and precious and everyone is in love with her. (My eyes are still puffy from the sobbing I did.)

Second, Rahia's wedding was this weekend and was phenomenal. It was held at the Long Beach Westin and was a proper Pakistani Muslim wedding with beautiful suits and delicious food. Rahia was the most beautiful bride and I'm just so happy for her and Farooq. It was gorgeous and of course I cried. (I really need to hydrate.) Maggie and I snuck into the honeymoon suite and went a little crazy with rose petal (lol see below).

So now I'm just cuddling with the pup, doing some reading, preparing for another new job, and just chillin and eating banana cream pie. yum.





xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...