Sunday, November 20, 2011

Sunday Studying & {Music} Alex Clare

Being the sick individual I am, I'm enjoying my studying today with turkish coffee and this song:

Caroline by Alex Clare.
Um in love. Alex Clare is from the UK and has that Aloe Blaac soul I adore.

In other news, I'm finishing up outline, baking cookies, and trying to motivate myself to do some freelance work. Also had made the decision to actively market this little creative space of mine. I definitely keep this blog going to catalog all things I love and as my personal travel/lifestyle journal. But I think other people would enjoy it too, right? Maybe. Lol, so I thought I would give it a shot :-)

Friday was busy. After a long day studying at the library and being highly confused over Mistake of Fact and Strict Liability, Priyah and I had dinner at The Farm, complete with that delish truffled Mac and Cheese and the Ahi 3-ways, which included crepe-wrapped ahi, ahi tartare, and pepper-crusted ahi with a salad with a Ponzu sauce and a fire-roasted tomato salsa thing. Love food. Seeing Priyah was sooooooo fun, we bonded over our general heartlessness, melodrama and humor.

Yesterday was a relaxing day. Start off with an early morning hike with Kelsey and then came home and did some pleasure reading. Jason and I caught up over peppermint mochas as part of Starbucks BoGo while my mom got a manicure :-). Then we headed out for Vietnamese food at Kim Loan in Fullerton. We used to go there all the time for frogs legs (which my mom said was chicken #liar,) but we hadn't been in ages. We split the special pho, fried vietnamese rolls, spicy beef with lemon grass, vermicelli noodles, sweet and spicy chicken, lettuce wraps, BBQ shrimp... and tons of other stuff. YUM.

Then we rented "The Conspirator," which has a tremendous cast, including James McAvoy, Kevin Kline, Robin Wright-Penn, Alexis Bledel, etc. Directed by Robert Redford, it tells the story behind the trial of one of the alleged Lincoln assassination conspirators, Mary Surratt, boarding house owner and mother of another alleged conspirator, John Surratt. Mary is played by Wright-Penn and McAvoy players her lawyer. I loved it, especially the interweaving of the mother/child storyline, the historial fiction and very timely Constitutional issues. I highly recommend watching it.



Also on my list to see at some point this weekend is "Martha, Marcy, May, Marlene," which I have been talking about non-stop and "Twilight: Breaking Dawn." Don't judge me.

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...