Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Bon Iver at the Shrine

Last night, Alexis, Steph and I agreed that the Bon Iver concert was an out-of-body experience. We felt drugged, comatose, stunned after the concert. It was weird. But phenomenal. Justin Vernon's voice = perfection. There is just no other way to describe his vocal range, presence and talent. I am in shock. So if you have a chance to see him - do it.

Alexis, Me and Steph waiting for Justin :-)

As far The Shrine goes - it's a gorgeous venue, despite its embedded location of USC (I shouldn't hate so much, but I'm a Bruin, sorry 'bout it). Parking was a little hectic when we go there and the Shrine parking lot was closed (and it's located a block away from the venue and we didn't know that), so we parked by Denny's. Cool. The acoustics and seating at the Shrine are great and I know this because we were literally in the last row, but the theater is so steep we still had a legit view of the band and the sound was en pointe. Def. going back to a show at the Shrine and definitely marrying Justin Vernon. It was a good night for discoveries.

Other than that, my day was interesting. I had cold Chinese for breakfast - my guilty pleasure. Then went to a civpro review session that was surprisingly helpful and got cold-called in property. I managed to sound semi-intelligent. But failed miserably when I could handle the roll call in crim. And then we talked about rape law, which is a sensitive issue. I have been really impressed with my classmates' articulation and eloquence on these issues thus far, but yesterday was a little tough. Anywho, I came home and made a caprese salad with a twist and sun-dried tomato pesto pasta for Steph and Alexis. And then I saw my future husband, so it was a great day.

My new owl print from Etsy, work and Chinese. A good morning.

In other news, I am going to SF with Tawsh on Friday!!! Tawsh is finally back from her jet-setting and we are going to spend the weekend with our loves, Carrie, Rob, Max, Jeff, Alexandra, Cassi and any one who I forgot but can't wait to see! That and Four Barrell, Painted Bird, photo ops, roadtrip music and a night in the Mission is sending me in overdrive to get as much work done this week as possible. Wish me luck!

xoxo



No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...