Tuesday, August 23, 2011

So it begins...

Saying good-bye to vacation and hello to school :-)

My second day of law school is today and I'm just starting to figure out my life and work out my routine. So far, it looks like gym in the morning (although I think I will have to wake up earlier to get in a full workout), shower, typing up reading notes, and then catching up with the news/my blogs/emails. Then lunch and prepare for class. Go to class (pack water and a snack bc they are long classes, fml.) Come home, eat dinner, and then review class notes and read/review for the next day. Mind you, I had already done most of the reading for this week over the weekend and had to go over it again, which should have saved me time, but I was still crunched to finish. I also realized that I have to type notes in class, rather than handwrite them, because transcribing later is a pain. I think I will outline reading notes and add to them from lecture in a different color. (Most of the professor's exam questions/answers stem from lecture notes, rather than reading notes, but it's good to have the context side by side with the professor's thoughts, right?

I do have to say I love being busy, and always feel the best when I have a ton of things to complete. Law school, however, demands good time management, which I need to work on. That and learning how to raise my hand (Why do I always get so nervous?) Also have to figure out how to get yoga into my daily routine, balancing keeping in touch with friends, and downtime. (How do I fit in True Blood?) I'm hoping by the end of this week, I can get in the rhythm of things.

In other news, I mailed my thesis yesterday (but still need to upload it online). Planning on seeing Priyah and Johana this Thursday for a girls' night out and then a law school event on Friday. Seda and I are finally going to buy our dining table. My mom also finished my quilt and is also going to bring up some plants and herbs for our balcony garden. I need to get the art on the walls this weekend and do a long run. Also planning my January NY trip and going home?

So so so happy to be back in school, even if it is a little overwhelming! xoxoxo

2 comments:

  1. don't forget to squeeze me in too!
    xo nathalie

    www.honey-bean.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous picture! I wore almost the exact same thing the other day, love this outfit. Congrats on finishing the thesis!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Miss you like crazy...and counting down the days til Jan

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...