Friday, January 7, 2011

MIA in Santa Cruz

Whoops, I got distracted and kind of, sort of, totally forgot about my New Year's Resolutions. Now I'm back in the game despite some stressors, i.e. I forgot my camera in Rob's car so he is overnighting it. However, it looks like I won't have it when I go back to England which is a bummer. But my mom is being sweet enough to let me take her point and shoot to tide me over.

Anywho, after that little bump in the road, I want to talk about Santa Cruz and the amazing time I had there. Highlights:

1. Our Indian Feast: Tash and I decided to do little Indian cooking lesson and we cooked Aloo Gobi and Tandoori Chicken for a few of our friends and also enlisted the help of Scott and Grant to do the sous chef work. I'll post the family recipes later. The meal was a success, especially because I have never cooked for that many people. The best part was seeing all the people that make Santa Cruz such a special place to me sitting around the table and talking. It made me feel all mushy inside.







2. First Day of Class: Days like this make me question why I didn't think about Santa Cruz as a place to do my Masters. Beautiful weather, ocean, baby deer and a latte. Plus, I got to work on my paper.



3. Seeing Rob, Max, Sara and Carrie: Everyday was like another day of Christmas. Sara, Amanda, Matt and I had lunch at Walnut Cafe - yummy and amazing to see my best friends. Carrie came for the day on Sunday - we did Cafe Brazil, the beach, vintage shopping and then did The Poet and The Patriot with Max, his great amigos, Grant, Tash, Scott and Jas. And then I got to celebrate Rob's birthday a couple of days early - being able to see him made my week. I love these people so much it hurts.



4. Being with my brother: despite our ups and downs, he is my best friend and I love spending time with him.

5. NYE at the Cypress Lounge: Good music, great company, hazy memories - an amazing time was had for sure, although it will never cease to perplex me as to why I ask for Jack and Coke. Ew.

6. Taking time off: Santa Cruz is a sanctuary for me. It has always allowed me time and a place to think about where I am in my life and what I need and want to do. Spending this week in Santa Cruz made me feel better about going back to London and what I need to do. In addition, it also helped me find the strength to address the issues in my life that I have putting off. Now it's time to get to work on the New Year's Resolutions!


xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...