Thursday, October 28, 2010

{Movie} The Boat the Rocked



source: Google Images

I saw this glorious movie the other day and absolutely died of happiness. Based on a true story, The Boat that Rocked tells the story of British pirate radio of the 1960s. I know it came out in Britain years ago, but for some reason didn't hit the States the way it should have. Featuring Bill Nighy and my fave, Phillip Seymour Hoffman, this is a masterpiece of comedy and drama. But what I enjoyed the most were the details of the film, including the incredible retro soundtrack, the intensely amazing costumes (I'm crazy about the 60s right now- Thank you, Mad Men,) and the unique shots. It was a lovely story - emotional and crazy - but not over the top.
Bottom Line: In. Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...