Tuesday, September 29, 2015

SF Weekend(s) - The New Guide

As my mother says, I've been gallivanting around like an idiot, mostly up and down the state of California. There are probably too many reasons to lay out for you why I need to be not here and rather up there,* or perhaps anywhere. Instead of delving into my maniacal mind, which is a terrifying and yet fruitless journey, Imma just give you a list of shit that's fun in the City.**
Reunited with my lucky charm - she's still not into selfies.


Coffee:
Four Barrel, The Mission: Obvs I go here every morning I'm in SF, unless someone (ahem, Joe), convinces me to go elsewhere. Its a tried and true iced Americano, with shaded outdoor seating and a plethora of San Francisco characters, including a man who looked oddly like a Keebler elf this past weekend.
Me without coffee - terrifying
Snowbird, Inner Sunset: My favorite coffee shop near Rob, where we meander down when getting in a car is more trouble than its worth. Lots of seating, hot baristas and a delish latte.
Ritual, The Mission: Bright and airy. Some of the best espresso, but my venture into this particular Ritual cafe was marred by a recovering BAC level and a hot, bright sun designed to torture me.
Craftsman and Wolves, The Mission: Just ranked by New Potato as one of the top spots to get coffee, I'd walked by this artisanal, beautifully pretentious cafe but never ventured inside (because, well Four Barrel - #creatureofhabit.) Had the opportunity to try their coffee and a ridiculously delicious croissant with tomato jam and bacon and basically died of satisfaction. The company wasn't bad either.
Tawsh singing Prince

Food:
Saiwaii Ramen, Outer Sunset - After a weekend with a total of 6 hours of sleep over three days and lots of partying, one needs life-giving food. I hadn't properly eaten for about a day and a half when we made it to this Outer Sunset spot. After I had that first sip of broth, suddenly my organs starting working again. It was that feeling of drinking water when you're hot and dehydrated and feeling the cool liquid spread through your chest? In hindsight, slightly disconcerting.
Probably the best ramen I've had in a minute
Hillside Supper Club, Bernal Heights - Super cute spot in Bernal Heights (Carrie's old stomping grounds!). I'd like to go back here for a proper brunch. Due to extenuating circumstances, I could only manage the ricotta lavender-honey(!!!) toast the morning we went, but the quality, service and ambience were great.
Kitchen Story, The Mission - Hit up this place for an extended brunch with Rob and Evan. Korean fusion brunch, with an amazing bulgogi and belly rancheros (pork belly tacos with avo and poached eggs). I thought Outerlands was my fave place for brunch in the city, but Kitchen Story might be the winner (the BMs help lol).

Things to do:
Dolores Park - But you knew this already. Grab some wine and cheese at Bi-Rite and chill the eff out - while watching outdoor movies, mime performances, hula-hoopers and musicians.
Dolores
The Mint Karaoke Lounge - It's my weakness. And everyone at this place is genius. Mint fans take their karaoke so seriously and it is so much fun. We hit up this place with a group of ten of us. The highlight was a Prince cover by Tawsh and Jackson, which I tots instagrammed but apparently Prince was the original Taylor and has all that stuff copyrighted.
Folsom Street Fair - This year was the second year I'd been to the world's largest leather fair. Lol, my friend was like "oh, I can wear my leather jacket." - hmmm, it not's that kind of fair, unless the jacket is the only thing you're wearing. It was soooo crowded this year, but equally intriguing, exhibitionist and crazy.
Buckshot Bar - old school hip-hop, plenty of room to dance, a photobooth, and huge PBRs - you had me at everything.
Ladi, Sophie and me at Folsom

*If you're a reader of this blog, you know that SF is my favorite city and I've been trying to make the move up there for ages. Now, or rather in the very near future, is the time. But more on that later. It will suffice to say that I'm just trying to keep my head on straight during this process, so bear with me (and my panic attacks, random texts, and contact requests).

**To give you an example of how loopy I've been, I texted someone wanting to lay down the law. I legit was like "I'm laying down the law:" and then I couldn't figure out what I wanted to actually say that wouldn't make me sound like a psychotic amoeba. So I just left the colon there hanging out and avoiding conversation. Communication at its best.

The best men I know

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...