Thursday, March 7, 2013

Mmmmmoderation: Kale + Egg

I spent a lot of time over the last couple of days on my mom's couch. And by that, I mean I didn't move from the couch. And by that, I mean I DID NOT MOVE. Except to go to the bathroom and to get food, so I could eat on the couch. And sleep on the couch. So that was great. I ate apple fritters, chicken curry, chinese, french toast, etc. I also did no work. It was a time of gluttony and rest. So now I'm over that as is my family. (I get really demanding when I'm glued to the couch.) Anywho, I headed back to LA today to start work again and am back on my "lets-do-something" train. Took Sophs for our daily hike, lifted some weights with Jefferson, and hit up Trader Joes for some healthy goodness in addition to going to a work meeting that last three hours. Here's my post-work out snack/late lunch recipe: Balsamic sauteed kale with a thyme baked egg.




Ingredients:
- A couple of handfuls of kale
- A couple dashes balsamic
- An egg
- Fresh thyme sprigs
- Olive oil
- Salt and Pepper

1. Preheat pan with olive oil, throw in kale. Sautee and add balsamic. Cook until balsamic is burned off and kale is wilted. Add salt and pepper to taste.
2. Put a bit of oil in a ramekin. Throw egg, thyme and pepper in there. Throw it under the broiler until cooked to your taste. I like it runny over the kale. Yummmm.
3. Assemble. Inhale.

Heading to Hotel Cafe for Wake Owl and trying out Susan Feniger's Street. Yum. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...