Thursday, January 3, 2013

Four Cheese Mac n Cheese and Catan

I died and went to heaven. My housemate made four cheese mac n cheese, so I cheated and had a nibble. IT WAS FOUR CHEESE - white cheddar, garlic chedder, brie and one more I didn't hear because I was entranced with the bacon-breadcrumb topping.

Boring life update follows - feel free to skip: Anyway, aside from my relapse: However, I have to say that I didn't get a caffeine headache today. I am usually struck by them within 15 minutes of waking up. Today, that didn't happen! Today, I had a quick lunch of quinoa, avocado and over crisped chickpeas - my own recipe and pretty delish. Then I indulged in some almonds for snack. I say indulged bc it makes me feel better about not being able to inhale nutella at a superhuman rate. I had shrimp spring roles for dins and some blackberries. Dessert was a tall glass of carrot juice and coconut water. One of the things that stood out to me today was that I wasn't really hungry. Now generally I graze. But today, because I can't really eat anything processed, I had to make dinner and lunch and it took a lot of time. So I had two bigger meals and more filling snacks, but my energy was way more stable than it usually is. I also took Sophie on a long walk plus some hill/stairs work.


Avocado, Crisped Chickpeas and Quinoa


Tomorrow, I'd really like to squeeze in some yoga, but that's story for a different day.

Back to more interesting things illustrating my nerdiness and why I need a #foreveralone hashtag: I discovered Catan. And even better was Startrek Catan - a christmas gift from my housemate's gf to my housemate. Seriously, this couldn't have been a better gift for him. So we played. AND I LOVE BEING COMPETITIVE. So fun.

Catan Starship


It did interfere with finishing work, but I'm glad I finally got to learn.


bedtime. xoxo.

1 comment:

  1. Yoga Saturday? Or walk Sophie? Also how do you crisp chickpeas? Avocado with anything is very filing.

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...