Monday, October 8, 2012

Massive Weekend Post: The Black Keys, Florence, Hiking, and Red Velvet Pancakes

I had an epic and productive weekend. The major highlights were Tegan and Sara and the Black Keys at the Staples Center on Saturday and Florence and the Machine at the Hollywood Bowl last night.

Some breakdowns:

Friday:
I took the pups home so my mom could pamper them with organic chicken and fish stew. At least I got bacon for breakfast. Jenaba and I hit up Casa Bianca for some pizza and chianti. Very sweet and retro and just happens to be Obama's LA pizza place from his days at Occidental.







Then I met Aline at Verdugo for some girl talk. Great beer garden and good convo. Then I met Ellie and Ryan for a drink at Little Cave. Delicious Green Flash and laughs and I love the exposed brick.










Saturday:
Machiko and I did a massive Mt. Washington urban hike with the pups on Saturday morning and then met Veronica for brunch at Home in Silverlake. Super beautiful patio and dog friendly. We had the red velvet pancakes, the eggs benedict and the veggie burrito. Loved loved loved the pancakes - not too sweet.






 Then the Black Keys!!! So after a epic win with a parking enforcement man (I ran like a gazelle to save myself), V, Stef and I headed to the Farm and shared several plates of food. The Truffled mac and cheese - be still my beating heart and a couple bottles of wine and went to the show. My love for Tegan and Sara is near obsessive and they were great, although I wish the set was longer. Then the Black Keys just killed it. Phenom. They were absurdly good. Then V disappeared after introducing us to some new friends. We then hit up Tony's Saloon - yay photo booths and got late night Thai. I think I went to bed at 4:30.













Sunday:
Picked up my dad - I was in a rather rough state and went back to the OC where Sophie basked in grass and sunshine. Then went back to LA and Sophie hung out with my Dad, while Aline, Haley, Justin and I hit up Kitchen24 for massive burgers and (sweet) strawberry cocktails, then headed to the Hollywood Bowl. UM. FLORENCE IS A GODDESS. I WANT TO BE HER. SHE IS PERFECTION. Good drinks and company and just amazing.











Yeah, so my weekend was one of the best ever. I went to two new venues that blew my mind. Although they were big, the sound was good and the performances were crazy legit. And I just got to hang out with my best friends all weekend and cuddle with my family. Like too perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...