Tuesday, September 25, 2012

This Week's Food and Drink

So my mom made this organic chicken and salmon food for Sophie, complete with carrots and peas and rosemary. I have a container of Nutella. So that prompted me to make pumpkin Nutella cake, inspired by this recipe with a few changes, last night. Namely, I made into a cake since I didn't have a muffin tin. I added ground ginger, cinnamon, and vanilla to the batter. I also baked for around 50 mins. It was wonderful hot out of the oven, especially with a pinot noir. Jenaba, Ellie and I stayed up and watched Cabin in the Woods. Interesting. Weird. Not very scary, despite the fact that I screamed multiple times,

I also almost overdosed the pup with vitamins. Let's not talk about it.

In other news:

- Trip home tomorrow to pick up my retainer. I'm 12. Whatevs.
- Maybe a trip to Mammoth this weekend.
- Working on the following issues: transgender sex trafficking victims, cell phone privacy issues, and juvenile functional LWOP issues.
- Trip to SF after a symposium on juvenile justice on Oct. 12 for Carrie's bday plus pitstops in Oakland, Santa Cruz, and Monterey.
- YOGAAAAA

And on to the good stuff - Things to Eat and Drink this week. Who's coming with me?

My favorite new bar, The Hermosillo, is hosting a New Belgium beer tasting tomorrow night. From the FB page:

It's a night of puckering and lip-smacking at The Hermosillo, with a slew of New Belgium's 'Lips of Faith' beers taking over the tap wall. There will be New Belgium glassware to take home once you've tested your palate with the following beers:-Tart Lychee-Brett Beer-Peach Porch Lounger-Super IPA-Biere de Mars-Trip 13 Blondeand more from New Belgium!


Obvs I'm going. 


Also the Pie Hole just released their Banana Cream Toffee Pie. This is one of my favorite dessert places in the world. I'm hoping I can get Veronica to come with me post-yoga. 
My friend Gillian checked Beer Belly out last week and my friend Anthony has been raving about it for the last few months. So I need to go. Things I want: duck fat fries, deep fried mint oreos with nutella ice cream and the pork belly chips. Yep. Definitely happy I'm starting yoga and working out again.

Also Sassafras Saloon opened up recently. Although it's a bit far from my normal stomping grounds, its by the same guys who did Thirsty Crow. They moved a house piece by piece from Savannah and reconstructed it in Hollywood. Win. You can build your own cocktail complete with homemade ginger beer, (original, apple-cin, or strawberry mint) or you can choose from their selection. I want the Grilled Peach Punch with rum, brandy, grilled peaches, spices and milk.




Also I raced my puppy around the backyard for like an hour last night. She's like FloJo.


No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...