Sunday, July 8, 2012

Summatime

So I moved out one week ago. My mom was dancing on the doorstep. Despite the fact we are best friends, familiarity can breed contempt, especially when I have law school and a long commute to rile me up. But by Friday, both my mom and I missed each other. I'm sure she'll deny that point, but I promise she said it. So after traffic died down on Friday, I hightailed it to the OC to spend the weekend with the fam. On Friday, we ordered thai and watched a movie, which I promptly fell asleep 15 mins in, to my brother's chagrin.

However, Saturday, I was raring to go. First stop - Sweet-Os donuts, where my brother and I splurged on apple fritters. Then my mom and I got pedicures. This wasn't even a luxury - wearing heels everyday has made this a necessity. Afterward, we drove up to the Griffith Observatory, met up with my dad, and toured the exhibits and sat through the planetarium thing-y. It was our family's first time at the planetarium. Super-cute, but like once is enough fo sho.

Following that, we were in desperate need of some refreshments, so Mom, Tray, Jas and I went to Wurstkuche in DTLA, which is one of my favorite spots and I've been meaning to take the fam there. We got crocodile dogs as well as a more traditional kielbasa, tons of fries, and German beer. Thank god my family is as obsessed with food as I am.

Then we picked up a couple pie slices at Pie Hole, incl. blackberry pie, blueberry and peach galette, and the Mexican Hot Chocolate, which we saved for tea at home. My fave was the galette, although I was bummed they didn't have my favorite pie in the world, their chocolate crostada with caramel and sea salt.

It was a wonderful day and I slept well, being well-fed and exhausted.


Today, I had a catch-up session with my dear friend Cailin at Kimmie's Coffee Cup in Orange and now I'm organizing my life. Ready for a fun night tonight with Veronica, but that'll be another post. xoxoox

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...