Saturday, June 9, 2012

Big News...

I'm moving! After a couple of weeks of intense searching, I found an gorgeous old Victorian to live in with all my qualifications and phenomenal roommates came along with the deal, including a cute little dog named Lennie. (We're still looking for a fourth if anyone is interested :-))

The house was built in 1902 - hardwood floors, bay windows, lots of light, crown-molding, and a fireplace. We have a washing machine, parking, and a little garden. It's four bedroom, two bath, with little gorgeous brightly lit nooks. And my housemates seem wonderful - LA transplants with senses of humor and good taste in beer :-).

The house is located in Highland Park, which is about eight mins east of Echo Park and about ten minutes north of downtown. It's in a mostly residential neighborhood. I hadn't heard of Highland Park before, but it's apparently the "new" Echo Park, which is just great news for the psuedo hipster in me. (It was one of the first LA suburbs, and was a mostly Jewish neighborhood. In fact, it has one of the oldest operating synagogues in CA. It went through a rough period with crime and such, but it's been picking up after hte last few years.(After watching Madmen with Jenaba (a new roomie), Evan and I grabbed a beer at the York, which was an an amazing urban chic bar a few minutes away with well-priced good beer (I had the Hopscotch IPA) and a truffled grilled cheeses. SOLD.

Here is a pic of it from the LA Times Travel Guide on Highland Park:


I move in July 1, but here are some pics for a sneak peek. They don't do the house justice, so you'll just have to come over for mimosas and pancakes one of these weekends :-)






I'm so grateful to have found such a great place and thankful for my family's support this entire time, since I can be a bit of a brat.

2 comments:

  1. the best part of this post is the last line :)

    house looks beautiful. down for mimosas and pancakes, btw :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just took a bus through Highland Park today -- Gold Line subway construction forced us to detour. It looks lush, lots of greenery, right in between Downtown and Pasadena. Highland Park has a subway station so, plus 5000 points. It seems a little quieter == good for studying :-) Um, so, when can I visit?

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...