Thursday, May 3, 2012

Stress Relief

I've been studying non-stop for the last week or so. I've studied at Profeta in Westwood, Young Research Library, Urth Caffe (both in Venice and DTLA), the Silverlake Library, the Marina Del Rey Loyola campus, my school library, various Starbucks, at home, in bed, on the patio, at the gym. I love the ritual of studying - the coffee, the little tasks, and realizing how much I've learned over the last year.
But of course, you can have too much of a good thing and after a long study sesh yesterday, I hit my wall and had a mini-meltdown that I cured with a few tears and black salt caramel dark chocolate and a great talk with my friend Rob. I think my major thing is that I LOVE SCHOOL. It's what I'm good at. It's what I love to do. But now I have to start making some real decisions about where my life is going to go and those have to be backed up with actual thought, logic, funds, and probably some sacrifice. Ugh. Also during finals, I get these massive urges to restructure my life and remember all the things I wanted to do by now and still want to do that I haven't quite gotten around to and then I get heart palpitations, blah blah blah. But then I take a breather and realize that I can still go to India, create an urban farm, become a yoga instructor, and write a novel in due time. Plus, revert back to vegetarianism, learn how to brew beer, go through my closet, and figure out my career/ if anyone knows an easy way to get a legal advocacy position with an international NGO, that would be greattttt. More on that later, but until then, I've been playing this on repeat. I've been listening to Oh, Daughter since my time in London and it quells my anxieties :-)

3 comments:

  1. This is a brave post :)

    I chucked when I read that you "love the rituals of studying" but then I realized I do too, fml. Mostly drinking shit-tons of coffee, listening to house music, and indulging in your baked goods.

    ReplyDelete
  2. two more weeks and then we can stress over microbrews instead of flashcards :-)
    summer = happy hours and figuring our lives out

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...