Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Urth and Dinner at Katherine's :-)

Yesterday morning, I met Seds and Mandz at the Urth Downtown for brunch. They are just a joy in the morning. Pure joy.

I miss waking up to those faces and every time I'm with them, I just can't stop laughing, to the point that my side ached all day. I actually think I pulled something in my side from laughing so hard. Then we took photos for several minutes and then realized that, as Seda put it, that we didn't really know what kind of "scene" we were going for.





In other news, I had an AMAZING Spanish Latte and I should have gotten a second one, it was so delish. On Sunday night, my mom, Tray and I went to Katherine's for dinner and it was sooooo fun. With the three of them, I feel like I'm living in an episode of Sex and The City, Fullerton style. They are just so sarcastic and clever and make fun of their kids (including me) all the time and they make great food. Plus, they give me great advice, both warranted and unwarranted, but I'm so grateful for our dinners :-) Katherine prepared a hemp seed salad with jicama, snow peas, bell pepper, avocado and tomatos. I literally inhaled five servings of it. Then there was a hearty beef stew, brussel sprouts (my fave), and mashed potatoes. AND THEN MY LIFE CHANGED. From every other blog post you know I love figs. Katherine made a balsamic-fig compote over vanilla ice cream. It was heaven. No other words to describe it. I have to stop there, because nothing else can compare to the beauty of that dessert. Ok cool. I'm a fatty. Sorry 'bout it.


*The pics turned out terribly. Whoops.
*Also I DL-ed the iPhone IOS5. The graphics, the improved maps, the better looking apps. SO LEGIT.
*Also, from all my capitalization, it looks like I need to calm down on the coffee this a.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...