Wednesday, September 14, 2011

{Inspiration Wednesdays}

In an effort to escape the midweek doldrums I very often face, I'm adding a new feature: {Inspiration Wednesdays}. In the past, I randomly post smatterings of inspirational photos, songs, articles, etc. whenever I feel like it. However, I think my inspirational desires are better managed, organized, and featured when compiled into a weekly list. So welcome to Inspiration Wednesdays (which may be renamed if I feel so inspired).

1. The New York Times published a fascinating article on Jackie O, including audio clips of the young widow discussing her life in the White House, her relationship with "Jack," and how the press made her different. Incredibly insightful, poignant, and thought-provoking. Her voice is so breathy and her intonation is so different than I expect. My favorite quote: "Everything... had been a liability... Everyone thought I was a snob... When we go into the White House, all the things that I had always done suddenly became wonderful, because anything the First Lady does that's different everyone seizes on." Hm, some things never change.

2. My new favorite Tumblrs: confetti garden & Lyla & Blu



3. Ms. Magazine Blog did a post last week of the Top 100 Non-Fiction Reads chosen by Ms. Mag Readers. I really want to read Marilyn by Gloria Steinem and Out of the Vinyl Deeps by Ellen Willis.

4. My new Warby Parker glasses! Beckett in Striped Chestnut. A) I love them. B) When you order a paid, WP will donate to someone in need, so check them out :-)
5. East London Fashion History in 100 Seconds. Love it.



6. Loving my new Etsy purchase from littlebluebirdstudios. I ordered this sweet little vintage dictionary page with my favorite bird for only $10!

7. This gorgeous photos by Edwin Tse from the lab magazine via lanalou



8. This photo of Nicki Minaj and Betsy Johnson makes me happy via Refinery 29.


9. OMG OMG Jamie XX did a monster mix for the BBC Radio - perfect to pick up my energy level. Listen now!
Jamie xx Essential Mix by Young Turks

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...