Friday, November 19, 2010

I miss my hair

So I always get a bit nervous going to the hairdresser, especially since I was eight and the hairdresser chopped off my waist-length locks and gave me a bowl cut. A BOWL CUT. People started mixing up Jason and I. And they just stopped like two days ago. Just kidding. Anyway, I had long hair throughout college. Until I went to Aveda and chaos ensued.

I have healthy hair. I know that. I don't dye it. I don't blow dry it. Essentially, it's untouched, virgin hair. And maybe just a little frizzy sometimes.

So I go to Aveda and this new girl says she needs to take a couple of inches off. I have like 5 billion inches of hair, so I said fine. She says five, I say three. But then this old dragon woman comes by and says there needs to be more than 3 taken off. So I said "okay, just take off whatever to make it healthy."

I thought she was going to take off five.

She took off 10. TEN FREAKING INCHES. TEN INCHES. THAT'S LIKE A FOOT, WHICH IS LIKE ALL MY HAIR.

so since then, I have felt like a shorn sheep. Yes, I know, my hair falls below my shoulders. I'm definitely not a shorn sheep. But it feels like that. I miss my hair.

And I know my hair didn't look like this when it was long, but I saw this photo today and teared up a little.



source: Style Me Pretty

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...